Judge Paul Francis Sheridan
Kangaroo Court Judge Paul Francis Sheridan
Judge Paul F. Sheridan (retired)
The McCammon Group
823 N. Garfield Street
Arlington, VA 22201
3208 N. Tacoma St.
Arlington, VA 22213-1340
TThe First Amendment is often inconvenient. But that is besides the point. Inconvenience does not absolve the government of its obligation to tolerate speech.
"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support the Constitution of the United States, and the Constitution of the Commonwealth of Virginia, and that I will faithfully and impartially discharge all the duties incumbent upon me as Attorney ..., according to the best of my ability (so help me God)."
Paul Sheridan is a pompous (or pompass) judge. Before retiring he earned himself a reputation as being biased against fathers. He was assigned to hear part of my case as the regular judges recused themselves due to my suing them in federal court
for their misconduct. On June 18, 2007 he held a hearing. Instead of being a neutral unbiased judge and he decided to violate both his oath of office and the oath he took as a marine. Apparently he was trying to send me a message that I'm not supposed to sue corrupt judges.
"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."
Before he even entered the courtroom Judge Sheridan had the bailiff threaten to put me in jail. He had officer Crenshaw tell me that if I didn't tuck my shirt in that he would put me in jail. I asked if he would also make the women tuck their shirts in. Crenshaw informed me no, it wouldn't apply to them but that Judge Sheridan was just making applying that requiremtn for me. I told him he could tell Judge Sheridan that if he didn't require my wife or her female attorney do do likewise then that was a violation of the Equal Protection Clause.
Officer Crenshaw left to talk to Judge Sheridan, when he came back he told me that Judge Sheridan had ordered him to prevent me from entering the courtroom to attend my own hearing. Officer Crenshaw did physically prevent me from entering the court-room. Since I don't have an attorney that meant that Judge Sheridan was holding an illegal Ex Parte hearing.
Eventually Officer Crenshaw stopped guarding the door so I went into the courtroom as which time Judge Sheridan was rude and verbally abusive. He refused to rule on my motion to removed the attorneys. Refused to give serious consideration to my motion to dismiss, refused to say how he had jurisdiction to hear the case. I made a verbal motion for him to recuse himself due to his reputation for discrimination against fathers. Judge Sheridan became angry at that and said he would hold me in contempt and sentenced me to one day in jail. Seems to me he should have been mad at himself not me, it was his misconduct that earned him that reputation and the law requires not only an unbiased judge but one that appears impartial. He clearly didn't appear impartial and never should have accepted a case involving a father vs mother.
When judge Sheridan ruled he was holding me in contempt I asked if that was civil contempt or criminal contempt. Mr. Sheridan replied in a smart-ass manner that I could figure that out while I was sitting in jail. He is either so incompetent that he doesn't know the difference between civil and criminal contempt, or he is just an ass and not willing to fulfill his role as judge with any sort of dignity at all.
In any event I did get and understand the message Judge Sheridan was sending me - He is a corrupt judge and a traitor to our country, and that he violated my constitutional rights in order to retaliate for my suing other corrupt judges. His actions in trying to shut up a whistle-blower reflect not only poorly on himself but also on the U.S. Marines and his current employer The McCammon Group
Its really a shame that Virginia's 'Justice' system is staffed by so many corrupt people unwilling to fulfill their duty or follow their oath to uphold the Constitution. For a Judge to refuse to follow the Constitution is an act of treason for which he should be impeached and disbarred.
"No State legislator or executive or judicial officer can war against the Constitution without violating his Undertaking to support it". Cooper Vs. Aaron
. 358 U.S. 1 78 S.Ct. 1401 (1958). If a judge does not fully Comply with the Constitution, then his orders are void, in re Sawyer, 124 U.S. 200 (1888), he/she is Without jurisdiction, & he/she has engaged in an act or acts TREASON
While I was in jail a couple of fathers protested about Judge Sheridan's illegal abuse of power. You may view a video of it here
. Corrupt Judges are ashamed of their conduct and don't like public exposure so they sent bailiffs out to harass the protesters and prevent them from protesting.
Background Information on Judge Sheridan:
- Illegally ordered the destruction of evidence including DNA in the Lovitt death penalty case - in violation of 19.2-270.4:1 of the criminal code.
- Opposed evaluations of judges.
- publication: My Role as a Retired Judge/Mediator (Webcast Seminar)
- publication: Virginia Evidence: Getting It In, Keeping It Out
- Wife - Jeanette M. Sheridan, relatives: Michelle M Sheridan, Edward J Sheridan, Rachel W Sheridan
- 2005 - Purchased townhouse for $860,000 at 3208 N. Tacoma St. Arlington,VA 22213-1340 (9/26/2005) Assessed in 2007 at $821,200
- 2004 - Fellow to the Virginia Law Foundation
- 2003 - Employed by The McCammon Group in Richmond, Virginia
- 2003 - Virginia State Bar Committee on Bench Bar Relations and is Chairman of the Model Jury Instructions Committee
- 2003 - Retired July 1st
- 1998 - Became Chief Judge of the 17th Judicial Circuit - Arlington County Circuit Court
- 1996 to 1998 - Chairman of the Judicial Inquiry and Review Commission
- 1986 - 2001 - Adjunct Professor of Law at George Mason Law School
- 1985 - Appointed as Judge
- 1973 - President, Arlington County Bar Association
- 1964 - Partner at Siciliano, Ellis, Sheridan and Dyer of Fairfax, Virginia
- 1963- 1964 - Clerk for Judge Charles F. McLaughlin, U.S. District Court, D.C.
- 1963 - J.D. from Georgetown Law School
- 1958 - 1960 - Served in the United States Marine Corps
- 1958 - B.A. from Columbia University
- 1954 - Graduated from George Washington High School Alexandria, VA
- 1937 - March, born in Brooklyn, New York (raised in Alexandria, VA)
Please contact me if you know of other misconduct by "Judge" Sheridan
Power is the great evil with which we are contending. We have divided power between three branches of government and erected checks and balances to prevent abuse of power. However, where is the check on the power of the judiciary? If we fail to check the power of the judiciary, I predict that we will eventually live under judicial tyranny. -- Patrick Henry